TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI)—The Indiana State Police Post has parked a car in front of its building.
ISP said in a tweet that the public is invited to stop and pay respects to their fallen brother.
As News 18 previously reported, Trooper Peter Stephan died in a car accident Friday night.
It happened on Old State Road 25, south of Stair Road. Trooper Stephan was a four year veteran of the force.
He left behind a wife and six-month-old daughter. Sergeant Ron Galavis said this crash has affected many.
"As you can imagine there's a profound sense of grief and sadness here at the Lafayette Post, you know, our heart breaks for his family, for his friends, for his coworkers, for the law enforcement community in the Lafayette area"
An account has been established at Old National Bank on behalf of the family. Anyone wishing to make a monetary donation can do so at any branch of that bank.
Stephan's funeral and memorial arrangements are still being planned.
- ISP parks cruiser to honor fallen trooper
- Visitation honors fallen ISP Trooper Peter Stephan
- ISP honors fallen trooper with memorial
- People continue to honor ISP Trooper Peter Stephan
- ISP Trooper catches Newton County carjacking suspect
- Memorial mile dedicated to fallen trooper
- Memorial service held for fallen troopers
- ISP trooper forced off road in Vermillion County collision
- ISP Identifies trooper in fatal shooting of Glenn Rightsell
- No charges against ISP trooper in shooting death