TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Friday night, Indiana State Police will be targeting impaired drivers in Greater Lafayette.
It's all a part of Operation Pull Over.
Troopers will be on the lookout for impaired and dangerous drivers.
They will also be making sure people are using their seatbelts.
Checkpoints will be conducted throughout the evening hours.
Police are asking people to observe the following tips:
• Use a designated driver.
• Don’t get behind the wheel if you have been drinking. Call a taxi or Uber.
• If you are hosting a party have non-alcoholic drinks available.
• Don’t let friends drive drunk. Take their keys if possible. Offer them a ride with a sober driver or have them spend the night.
ISP wants to remind the public to call 911 if they see an impaired driver.
Troopers hope events like this deter people from drinking and driving.
- ISP launches Operation Pull Over on Friday night
- ISP says 2 dead in I-65 crash
- ISP: Missing Brookston man found dead
- ISP has eyes in the sky
- ISP stops to assist travelers, finds drugs
- ISP identifies man killed in Monday crash
- ISP investigating officer involved shooting in Waynetown
- ISP Trooper catches Newton County carjacking suspect
- ISP sees plenty of wrecks in Putnam County after Friday's winter blitz
- Friday Night Frenzy scores for Oct. 20