WAYNETOWN, Ind. (WLFI)— Indiana State Police are investigating an officer involved shooting in Montgomery County. It happened in Waynetown just before 2 a.m. Sunday.
According to Indiana State Police, officers responded to an alleged drunk and disorderly subject at a party in Waynetown. Police said the man in question appeared intoxicated and belligerent.
After police had the scene under control, they said the man came out of the home with a weapon and allegedly pointed it in the direction of bystanders and officers. A shot was fired by an officer striking the subject.
The man was taken to a local hospital and was later taken to an Indianapolis hospital with serious injuries. No one else was injured in the incident.
The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office asked Indiana State Police to conduct the investigation. The name of the subject or officer is not being released at this time.
- ISP investigating officer involved shooting in Waynetown
- Police identify suspect in officer-involved shooting
- ISP responds to NAACP allegation about Flora fire investigation
- ISP investigating after car hit by gunfire on I-65
- ISP investigating possible homicide after mushroom hunters find body
- ISP peer reviews Tippecanoe Co. inmate death investigation
- ISP submits report to prosecutor in Glenn Rightsell death investigation
- ISP investigating a death at Miami Correctional Facility
- Police investigating incident involving knife
- ISP Identifies trooper in fatal shooting of Glenn Rightsell