BUNKER HILL, Ind. (WLFI) — Indiana State Police have started an investigation at the Miami Correctional Facility into the death of 70-year-old inmate Lannie Morgan of South Bend.
According to a released statement, on Monday at approximately 9:40 a.m., prison staff members found Morgan unresponsive in his cell. An ambulance was summoned for Morgan, but he died before reaching the local hospital. Investigators suspect foul play and are treating the death as a homicide.
An autopsy was conducted and results are pending.
Online records suggest Morgan had been in the prison since 2011 on child molestation charges.
- ISP investigating a death at Miami Correctional Facility
- State police investigate inmate stabbing at Miami Correctional Facility
- Former Miami County corrections officer pleads guilty to dealing drugs
- ISP peer reviews Tippecanoe Co. inmate death investigation
- ISP submits report to prosecutor in Glenn Rightsell death investigation
- ISP investigating officer involved shooting in Waynetown
- 4 injured in fire at Pendleton Correctional Facility
- Shooting death of 18-year-old in Miami County home under investigation
- No charges against ISP trooper in shooting death
- ISP responds to NAACP allegation about Flora fire investigation