PORTER COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Indiana State Police troopers have taken more than 120 pounds of marijuana off the streets with the help of a K-9.
Police say K-9 Axel discovered the marijuana during a traffic stop on the Indiana Toll road Thursday near the 22 mile marker.
Troopers pulled over a Dodge Avenger when they spotted the driver committing several traffic violations.
That's when Axel, the Indiana State Police K-9, made the discovery in the car's trunk.
The two people in the car were arrested and face preliminary charges of dealing marijuana, level 5 felony.
Howard Montgomery and Danielle Ruise, both of Rochester, New York, face preliminary charges of dealing marijuana.
- ISP K-9 discovers 120 pound of marijuana during traffic stop
- Indiana traffic stop nets 78 pounds of marijuana
- ISP traffic stop ends in 2 drug arrests
- I-65 traffic stop leads to marijuana arrest
- ISP stops to assist travelers, finds drugs
- Shipping company finds 10 pounds of marijuana in package
- Traffic stop leads to discovery of drugs
- Traffic stop leads to large drug bust
- Traffic stop leads to six arrests
- Local K-9 officer passes away