GAS CITY, Ind. (WLFI) — After a four-day search, Indiana State Police found the body of missing 10-year-old Skylea Carmack. According to ISP, around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning her body was found in a plastic bag in a shed behind her home in Gas City. Investigators believe she was strangled by her stepmother.
Amanda Carmack was arrested on preliminary charges of murder, neglect of a dependent resulting in serious bodily injury, strangulation and domestic battery resulting in serious injury. As of this writing of this story, she is being held at the Grant County Jail.
Police believe Skylea was killed between 4:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Saturday evening and was strangled. An autopsy will be conducted to verify her cause of death.
- ISP: 10-year-old's body found in shed, step-mom arrested
- ISP: Missing Brookston man found dead
- ISP investigating possible homicide after mushroom hunters find body
- Body found in Clinton County
- Body found in Newton County
- ISP traffic stop ends in 2 drug arrests
- Widow of Glenn Rightsell takes steps to file wrongful death lawsuit against ISP, doctor
- Seminar sheds light on crime prevention
- Court documents shed more light on stabbing
- ISP says 2 dead in I-65 crash