FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WLFI) — One of Purdue University's campuses officially has a new name. The former campus of Indiana Purdue Fort Wayne (IPFW) is now, officially, Purdue University Fort Wayne (PFW).
The change began July 1. A new flag was raised over the weekend at the university.
As we previously reported, Purdue University trustees approved a name change back in April of 2017.
The change is part of a re-brand by Purdue and Indiana Universities. IU will still oversee its health science department. Purdue will operate campus management and the rest of the academic areas.
Despite the name change, the university mascot and athletic teams will still be known as the Mastadons.
- IPFW officially becomes Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Harris, Purdue crush Purdue Fort Wayne 78-44
- Purdue officially launches Purdue University Global
- Local players contribute to Purdue's 27-3 thrashing of Fort Wayne
- Emily Kenny lifts Purdue softball past Fort Wayne
- Purdue-Fort Wayne welcomes students to campus; enrollment up
- Harrison's Stansbury signs to play softball at Purdue Fort Wayne
- Purdue University's Horticulture Park reopens
- Summer construction at Purdue University
- Medical device supplier plans Fort Wayne expansion