BROOKSTON, Ind. (WLFI) -- School officials in White County are doing all they can to fix a safety hazard outside a Brookston Elementary School.
One of the flashing school zone lights outside Frontier Elementary has been out since last week.
Superintendent Dan Sichting said it's a concern because the school is on State Road 43.
Sichting said the Indiana Department of Transportation is in charge of maintaining the lights. He said in the meantime, the school crossing guard is still on duty.
Regardless of safety measures, Sichting said all drivers need to be careful at all times.
"Even if the light is fixed, even if the crossing guard is there, the key is that drivers have to slow down," he said.
INDOT spokesperson Debbie Calder said a crew was scheduled to fix the light this afternoon.
- INDOT working to fix Brookston school zone signal
- ISP: Missing Brookston man found dead
- New sidewalks in Brookston lead to potential hazards
- Police looking for Brookston man missing since Thursday
- Carroll Co. works to fix budget issues
- INDOT: North River Road closes Tuesday
- INDOT releases mobile app for Apple, Android
- INDOT announces millions for infrastructure improvements
- INDOT and ISP working to keep you safe on the roads this Thanksgiving