TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — INDOT is set to begin the process of closing the westbound Sagamore Parkway Bridge for the summer starting April 1, according to a news release sent out Monday. The project will replace the deck on the westbound bridge and will wrap up in early August.
The contractor will begin building the crossovers for traffic on April 1. Eventually, all traffic will be shifted into one lane in each direction on the new eastbound bridge.
In November, INDOT finished constructing the eastbound bridge after more than two and a half years.
- INDOT to close westbound Sagamore Parkway Bridge until late-summer
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- INDOT: Overnight closures on Sagamore Parkway start Friday
- Lanes to close on Sagamore Parkway Bridge Monday for summer construction
- TRAFFIC ALERT: INDOT recommends detours for Sagamore bridge lane closures
- Series of closures on Sagamore Parkway Bridge to happen Tuesday
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge Project will close North River Road next week
- N. River Road closed as crews pour Sagamore Parkway bridge deck
- Last summer for Sagamore closures
- Construction delays expected on Sagamore Parkway