INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. WLFI) — The Indiana Department of Transportation has released its new app just in time for one of the busiest seasons for travel.
The mobile app has several useful features for travelers including a zoomable, scrollable map-based display, current traffic speeds, travel advisories, winter weather road conditions and customizable alerts for closures, accidents and construction.
Traffic camera images are also available through the app from various metro areas around the state.
The app also makes it easy to report roadway hazards and other concerns directly to INDOT.
"INDOT is excited to be able to offer this tool for motorists, especially as we approach one of the busiest weeks for travel of the year,” Indiana Department of Transportation Commissioner Joe McGuinness said. “The new app is one more example of INDOT’s commitment to providing great customer service and the features can help travelers plan ahead, avoid delays, and have a safe trip to their holiday destinations.”
INDOT would like to remind users that when in a vehicle, mobile communication devices should only be used by a passenger; or as a driver, when your vehicle is at a complete stop, at a safe location, out of the roadway. Don’t text and drive or use this app while driving.
- INDOT releases mobile app for Apple, Android
- Apple launches new TV app in over 100 countries
- INDOT: North River Road closes Tuesday
- INDOT announces millions for infrastructure improvements
- INDOT begins construction on U.S. 231 bridge
- INDOT plans to improve fatal crash intersection
- INDOT hosts public forum in Lafayette
- Apple says Facebook's controversial market research app violated its policies
- Apple is removing and restricting third-party screen time apps, report says
- TRAFFIC ALERT: INDOT recommends detours for Sagamore bridge lane closures