LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Indiana Department of Transportation wants to make sure people know what's happening in their communities.
INDOT is hosting informational sessions all across the state. The group made a stop in Lafayette on Thursday. Representatives highlighted road projects planned for the next five years.
They focused on Tippecanoe County but were also able to talk about construction happening statewide.
Spokeswoman Debbie Calder said INDOT is using the opportunity as another way to connect with people.
"I think it's very important and I think once they know about it then maybe there is a little less frustration on their commute to and from work," said Calder.
You can find more information about projects happening in Tippecanoe County by clicking here.
- INDOT hosts public forum in Lafayette
- Lafayette church hosts Easter Extravaganza
- TSC to host open school safety forum Thursday
- TSC hosts safety forum in preparation of new school year
- INDOT: North River Road closes Tuesday
- INDOT releases mobile app for Apple, Android
- INDOT announces millions for infrastructure improvements
- INDOT begins construction on U.S. 231 bridge
- INDOT plans to improve fatal crash intersection
- Lafayette welcomes new public works director