GREATER LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - The Indiana Department of Transportation is closing portions of five state roads that impact Tippecanoe, Warren and Benton Counties.
- State Road 26 from the Indiana/Illinois State line to U.S. 231/52 in West Lafayette in Warren and Tippecanoe Counties
- State Road 28 from the Indiana/Illinois State line to State Road 63 in Warren County
- State Road 352 from the Indiana/Illinois State line to U.S. 41 in Benton County
- State Road 18 from the Indiana/Illinois State line to U.S. 41 in Benton County
- State Road 71 from U.S. 24 to State Road 352 in Newton and Benton County
These roads are being closed due to impassable conditions due to high snow drifts. INDOT says once the winds subside their crews will utilize a V-Blade plow to open up the roadways. This work will occur tomorrow morning Tuesday, February 16 as soon as conditions permit.
INDOT did not say when exactly these roads will be reopened.