BROOKSTON, Ind. (WLFI) - INDOT has closed State Road 18 across a nearly 7-mile stretch through White and Carroll Counties.
The closure is between Brookston and U.S. 421. It's expected to stay closed through early October for a resurfacing project.
However, INDOT says traffic on cross-streets will be able to pass as long as there's not active work in that area. Drivers are encouraged to seek alternate routes.
The official detour can only be on state-maintained roads, so signs will direct drivers all the way up through Monticello on U.S. 421.
- INDOT closes State Road 18 for 7-mile stretch through October
- INDOT: North River Road closes Tuesday
- INDOT to close westbound Sagamore Parkway Bridge until late-summer
- INDOT closing portion of Interstate 465 Friday for 15 days
- INDOT begins 2 road projects in Tippecanoe County Monday
- I-65 ramps at State Road 18 will close for resurfacing Monday
- Crash with injury closes State Road 25
- State Road 28 to close this week for road maintenance
- Drivers concerned after fatal crash on State Road 18