TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - Two construction projects are picking back up as we enter into spring. Beginning Monday, INDOT crews will resume paving work on U.S. 52 and will also begin replacing a bridge on U.S. 231.
U.S. 52 will be repaved from South 30th Street to County Road 800 South. Traffic will be down to one lane as crews work during the day and night.
Then beginning Wednesday, the intersection of U.S. 52 and Veterans Memorial Parkway will be paved.
INDOT said you could experience long delays until the project wraps up Saturday. Drivers are encouraged to seek an alternate route during this time.
Also beginning Monday, INDOT will start a nearly seven month project that will replace the bridge on U.S. 231 over Big Wea Creek. That's located about one mile north of Romney.
INDOT said construction will restrict traffic to one lane. Traffic will be controlled at the bridge with a traffic signal.
The bridge is expected to open to two lanes in late October. It's part of a $3.5 million project.
Both of these projects are weather permitting.
- INDOT begins 2 road projects in Tippecanoe County Monday
- INDOT begins construction on U.S. 231 bridge
- INDOT: North River Road closes Tuesday
- Tippecanoe fairgrounds project moves forward
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- INDOT closes State Road 18 for 7-mile stretch through October
- Cleanup begins after storms tear through Tippecanoe and Clinton counties
- Early voting begins Tuesday in Tippecanoe County municipal primary
- Tippecanoe County Fairgrounds halfway through first phase of reconstruction project
- North River Road to close for the summer beginning Monday