ROMNEY, Ind. (WLFI) — The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) will begin replacing the bridge on U.S. 231 over Big Wea Creek Monday.
The bridge is about one mile north of Romney. Traffic will be restricted to one lane and traffic will be controlled at the bridge with a signal. The bridge should be opened to two lanes of travel in late October of this year.
Duncan Robertson, Inc. was awarded the $3.56 million contract. This project also includes two bridge deck overlays, one on U.S. 231 over CSX Railroad just south of Linden and on State Road 341 over the East Fork of Coal Creek, located just south of U.S. 136 in Fountain County. The overlay projects are scheduled to be completed by October of 2020.
- INDOT begins construction on U.S. 231 bridge
- Drivers are preparing for INDOT's Wildcat Creek Bridge construction
- Old US 231 closed for bridge repairs
- TRAFFIC ALERT: INDOT recommends detours for Sagamore bridge lane closures
- INDOT to close westbound Sagamore Parkway Bridge until late-summer
- INDOT begins 2 road projects in Tippecanoe County Monday
- Schedule slips on Sagamore bridge construction
- Sagamore Parkway Bridge closures begin today
- Bridge maintenance to begin in Miami Co.
- Summer construction to begin at Purdue