JASPER COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — Southbound lanes of I-65 are closed in Jasper County for several hours as crews clean up a crash site.
State Police are re-routing southbound traffic at the 215 mile marker, which is the Rensselaer exit. The closure is expected to last until approximately 3 p.m. Monday. Multiple semis were involved in the crash.
Around 5 a.m., traffic was stopped in both lanes due to an earlier crash that caused the left lane to be closed. A semi hauling Amazon Prime cargo was stopped in the right lane at the 206 mile marker. Another semi was in front of the first.
A third semi failed to stop for unknown reasons. The driver, Willie Brown, was flown to a nearby hospital for treatment of multiple injuries. Another semi driver was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
- I-65 southbound lanes closed for several hours Monday afternoon
- Southbound I-65 closed due to overturn semi
- UPDATE: Southbound lanes of I-65 are now open
- Additional lane coming to I-65
- Southbound I-65 near State Road 39 reopen after crash
- I-65 southbound is back open in White County after crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-65 southbound on-ramp from State Road 38 closed Wed.
- I-65 lanes open after years of construction
- Overnight lane closures will impact I-65 drivers
- Nightly lane restrictions start on I-65