LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — All lanes on Interstate 65 northbound are open at this hour... after an overturned semi led to a lane closure for hours.
The semi crashed just after 6 a.m. this morning on the embankment near State Road 43. According to Indiana State Police, the driver was heading southbound when he allegedly fell asleep. The semi crossed the median, both lanes of northbound traffic and then overturned.
One northbound lane was closed for several hours for cleanup and removal of the semi. It reopened around 3:30 p.m. this afternoon.
ISP is asking drivers to still use caution in the area, while crews continue to work on the shoulder.
- All northbound I-65 lanes reopened after semi crash
- Northbound I-65 back open
- Semi rollover slows traffic on I-65 northbound
- Another lane closure for I-65 northbound
- I-65 reopens after semi rollovers
- I-65 northbound down to one lane during construction
- Additional lane coming to I-65
- Road Closure: I-65 southbound lane
- Southbound I-65 closed due to overturn semi
- Southbound I-65 near State Road 39 reopen after crash