TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — One person was arrested and is facing multiple charges after leading police on a pursuit Wednesday. According to Indiana State Police, around 6:30 p.m. Wed. a trooper spotted a speeding vehicle around the 174 mile-marker on I-65. The trooper pulled out and caught up to the vehicle and after activating his emergency lights to conduct a traffic stop, the silver 2000 Acura failed to stop and started to increase speed.
The trooper then activated his siren on his police car and continued to follow the vehicle northbound on I-65. The vehicle continued northbound weaving back and forth from lane to lane and also passing cars on the right shoulder. Speeds were varying from 65 to over 100 MPH at times.
Near the 185 mile marker, about one mile into White county, the driver later identified as 19-year-old Jaisean S. Woodson of Indianapolis lost control of the vehicle and crashed into the median. Woodson bailed from the car and took off into the woods on the east side of the interstate with two troopers pursuing him. After a short foot pursuit, Woodson was taken into custody without any further resistance.
A second subject was located in the vehicle and was taken into custody. After further investigation, he was released with no charges.
Woodson was brought back to the crash scene where he started to have some medical problems. An ambulance was called and he was taken to a hospital in Lafayette. where he was treated and released back to the custody of the trooper.
Woodson was arrested on the following:
• Resisting Law Enforcement (Level 6 Felony)
• Reckless Driving Class (A Misdemeanor)
• Possession of handguns without a license (Class A Misdemeanor)
• Resisting Law Enforcement (Class A Misdemeanor)
• Possession of a Controlled Substance (Class B Misdemeanor)
• Operating a Vehicle Under the Influence (Class C Misdemeanor)
- High speed I-65 pursuit leads to an arrest
- High speed police pursuit over weekend ends with two arrested
- I-65 traffic stop leads to marijuana arrest
- Man arrested after I-65 crash
- Northbound I-65 back open
- Indiana woman arrested after 40-mile, high-speed chase
- Kokomo Man arrested after vehicle pursuit
- Additional lane coming to I-65
- I-65 reopens after semi rollovers
- A short chase on I-65 ends with two arrests