LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — After more than three years of construction, the added travel lane is now open in each direction in Tippecanoe County.
The Indiana Department of Transportation's project started in Spring of 2015 and was completed on Monday. The project is part of an $82 million dollar contract by Walsh Construction.
The project also includes construction of four noise walls, as well as widening the S.R. 25, S.R. 26 and the Wildcat Creek Bridges.
Contractors will continue clean-up activities over the next couple of months. This week drivers can expect contractors painting and sealing the road.
- I-65 lanes open after years of construction
- Additional lanes open up on I-65 after 3 years of construction
- Additional lane coming to I-65
- Northbound I-65 back open
- UPDATE: Southbound lanes of I-65 are now open
- Update: all lanes open after crash on I-65 forces closure
- I-65 construction continues in Clinton County
- Overnight lane closures will impact I-65 drivers
- Construction underway to fix hole in I-65 overpass
- All northbound I-65 lanes reopened after semi crash