LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — I-65 northbound is closed around the 175 mile-marker, just south of State Road 25 exit, due to a crash.
According to Indiana State Police, there is an overturned passenger car and a jack-knifed semi partially closing the interstate.
A second collision occurred on the overpass at State Road 25 in Tippecanoe County where a semi has overturned and 2 others have jack-knifed.
Vehicles traveling northbound can exit onto SR 25, but if possible, drivers should avoid the area. Clean-up is expected to go into the late evening hours and there currently is not an estimated time the interstate will be re-opened.
- I-65 closed due to multiple vehicle crash
- Southbound I-65 closed due to overturn semi
- Bug distraction causes crash that closed I-65
- 20-minute closures on I-65 due early Wednesday
- One air lifted after I-65 three vehicle crash
- Driver leaves scene of a four vehicle crash on I-65
- Man arrested after I-65 crash
- Two I-65 ramps will close this weekend
- I-65 Project will close ramp for patching
- Crash slows holiday traffic on I-65