LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - It was a "star-spangled" celebration in downtown Lafayette Wednesday night.
Hundreds gathered near Rhiele Plaza Wednesday to celebrate the Fourth of July. The annual Stars and Stripes event featured lots of music and, of course, plenty of red, white and blue.
The Lafayette Citizens Band played a free concert to celebrate Independence Day. It was as patriotic and All-American as you could get.
"We love the Fourth of July and I've always loved the fireworks," said Karen Kirtley, a Stars and Stripes attendee. "We're looking forward to hearing the bands and watching the fireworks."
And of course, fireworks followed the Stars and Stripes concert.
- Hundreds gathered for the Stars and Stripes celebration
- All you need to know for Stars and Stripes celebration
- Stars and Stripes Celebration concert set to go in downtown Lafayette
- Stars and Stripes to light off Fireworks at Harrison Bridge
- Hundreds of people gather to celebrate the life of Grant House
- Purdue community gathers to celebrate Hanukkah
- Several downtown roads will close July 4 for 2019 Stars and Stripes
- Hundreds gather in solidarity in response to offensive banners
- Hundreds gather to watch Boilermaker launch into space
- Musicians come together to celebrate Indiana Fiddlers' Gathering