Wind Advisory is up viewing area-wide until 10 p.m.
Heaviest, most widespread rainfall is departing. We have already seen gusts of up to 38 mph today with the steady rainfall.
Now, with the scattered showers later afternoon-evening, the highest winds will arrive. Gusts of +45 mph at likely with a few gusts exceeding 50 mph 3:30-9 p.m. Winds at just 1500' will run around 60 mph with 5000' winds of 75-80 mph. Some of that wind energy will be brought to the surface.
Secure loose object & know that a few isolated power outages may occur. Some limbs & snags will come down.
Temperatures will rise with the strong winds into the 50s.
We should see our high temperatures for the day occur around midnight at 54-59.
Cold front should pass as a line of gusty showers around 4 a.m.
After that, despite clearing for a while with early morning sun, temperatures should begin to fall.
Low clouds will roll in tomorrow with still windy conditions (gusts 30-40 mph) & temperatures falling to the 30s by afternoon with a few sprinkles & flurries.
- Howling Winds & Showers
- January 28, 10 PM Weather Forecast Update: Iced Over with Snow Showers & Howling Winds
- February 21, 4 PM: Rain, Storms, Isolated Severe, Howling Winds & Much Colder Weather
- Wind Advisory
- Warmth with Winds
- T'Storm Wind Reports
- February 23, 10 PM: Showers, T'Showers (Iso. Severe).....High Winds Late Tonight
- February 23, 5:30 PM Update: Tracking Showers/T'Showers.........& High Wind Warning
- Saturday, October 20 Wind Event
- Tracking scattered snow showers