TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) - The Tippecanoe County Human Relations Commission needs your help reporting any discrimination in the area.
The mission of HRC is to promote the guarantee of equal rights to everyone.
Member Sandra Sydnor said she knows discrimination happens in Tippecanoe County but she doesn't think everyone knows what to do about it.
That's why the group is reaching out to the public to educate.
"Often times, people feel like there's no place that they can turn and they don't have any options and there's no way they can be successful," said Sydnor. "And here we are, and we're waiting and trying actually now to be proactive about letting people know that they do have alternatives to not doing anything."
If you spot discrimination involving public accommodations, housing, or employment, you can file a complaint with the HRC.
- How to report discrimination in Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe County's growing gains
- Tippecanoe County high school encourages students to report suspicious activity
- Road closed after sinkhole reported in Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe County voter card confusion
- Recycling Update for Tippecanoe County
- Tippecanoe County is thinking solar
- Tippecanoe Health Dept.: West Nile virus found in Tippecanoe County
- Former Purdue police officers settle discrimination lawsuit