WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A two-story house caught fire around 6:30 p.m. at the intersection of 750 N and 350 W.
The Wabash Township Volunteer Fire Chief says everyone inside the home made it out safely without any injuries.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but Chief Francis with Wabash Fire says the homeowner's fireplace was lit while two contractors were fixing the furnace.
Wabash and Otterbein Volunteer Fire along with Tippecanoe Township Fire responded to the scene. News 18 left the scene around 8 p.m. and fire crews were getting ready to leave.
They were just waiting to rid the house of any hot spots.
- House catches fire in northern West Lafayette
- West Lafayette welcomes back refurbished fire truck
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- West Lafayette native makes history
- House damaged after fire in Lafayette
- Purdue and West Lafayette Fire Departments officially team up
- One shot fired in West Lafayette liquor store robbery
- 1 dead in West Lafayette mobile home fire
- Neighbors react after fatal fire in West Lafayette