WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — A two-story house caught fire around 6:30 p.m. at the intersection of 750 N and 350 W.
The Wabash Township Volunteer Fire Chief says everyone inside the home made it out safely without any injuries.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, but Chief Francis with Wabash Fire says the homeowner's fireplace was lit while two contractors were fixing the furnace.
Wabash and Otterbein Volunteer Fire along with Tippecanoe Township Fire responded to the scene. News 18 left the scene around 8 p.m. and fire crews were getting ready to leave.
They were just waiting to rid the house of any hot spots.
- House catches fire in northern West Lafayette
- Lafayette fire facility catches fire
- West Lafayette home destroyed in overnight fire
- West Lafayette welcomes back refurbished fire truck
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series
- Cooke, West Lafayette top Lafayette Jeff 2-0
- Abandoned Monticello home catches fire
- Purdue's PTCA building catches fire
- West Lafayette pools open Thursday
- West Lafayette native makes history