The heat is not going anywhere for Memorial Day. We are starting off in the 60s and heat-up to 90 degrees by noon. 94 is the expected high and we will feel like upper 90s when adding in the humidity.
Mainly dry with a slight chance for an isolated shower this afternoon and early evening. If you are going to be outdoors, take breaks from the heat, stay hydrated and keep your eye to the sky. Overnight lows will remain unseasonably warm near 70 degrees, under mostly clear skies.
Tomorrow will be another hot day rebounding back into the lower 90s with mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies. Overnight lows sticking around 70 degrees.
Looking ahead, the next chance for widespread rain returns late Tuesday night into Wednesday as the remnants of a tropical system, currently situated in the Gulf, brings moisture to the area as it tracks northward.
We will also get a break from the heat with temps back in the lower 80s by Wednesday afternoon.
- Hot & Humid for Memorial Day!
- Increasing Heat & Humidity
- Heat and Humidity Continues
- Purdue holds annual Memorial Day Service
- Lafayette Citizens Band performs Memorial Day celebration
- Memorial Day gas prices remain stubbornly high
- Brookston power grid overloaded during hot summer days
- Frankfort pool will not open Memorial Day Weekend as expected
- Annual Memorial Day Parade kicks off in Lafayette
- May 24, 9 AM Memorial Day Weekend Planner