WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Two people were charged Thursday stemming from the June robbery of the Horizon Bank in West Lafayette. Michael Mitchell faces charges of armed robbery, theft, three counts of pointing a firearm, and unlawful possession of a firearm by a violent felon. He is also charged with being a habitual offender.
Hallie Kmiec faces charges of conspiracy to commit armed robbery and theft.
According to court documents on June 12 officers responded to a report of a robbery at the Horizon Bank located on Northwestern Avenue in West Lafayette. Employees of the bank said a male approached the teller, pointed a handgun at her and said give him money. He then pointed the gun at the other tellers and demanded money. The money taken was over $750.00.
An officer working the case recognized the suspect from the security footage and believed it was Mitchell.
According to the affidavit, on June 15, investigators were led to Hallie Kmiec's apartment. Kmiec told investigators Mitchell had come over to her apartment the morning of the robbery and indicated he was going to commit a crime. She said she waited in a car by the bank as Mitchell walked around the bank several times. The last time he got into the car and told her to go. She dropped him off at a house in Lafayette. Kmiec admitted Mitchell gave her money which she says she spent.
- Horizon Bank robbery suspect and suspected accomplice charged
- Police release more photos of Horizon Bank robbery suspect
- Serial robbery suspect facing multiple charges in local bank robberies
- Police searching for Linden bank robbery suspect
- Arrest made in Horizon Bank armed robbery investigation
- Officers looking for suspect in Hillsboro bank robbery
- Police release images of Crawfordsville bank robbery suspect
- Police release photo of Hillsboro bank robbery suspect
- Lafayette Police release photos of Regions Bank robbery suspect
- Police seek masked suspect in another Lafayette bank robbery