WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- After a battle with cancer that inspired thousands, Purdue super fan and alum Tyler Trent will be laid to rest Tuesday.
Trent died on New Year's Day after his battle with Osteosarcoma, a rare form of bone cancer. He was 20-years-old. Tyler gained national attention following his prediction of Purdue's win over Ohio State on Oct. 20.
Tyler Trent's Funeral
WHERE: College Park Church, 2606 West 96th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46268
WHEN: Tuesday, Jan. 8 at 6 p.m.
There will not be a visitation, but a reception will follow the funeral. You can share condolences or stories about Tyler with the Trent family by using #NeverGiveUpT2 on social media. Guest books will also be available to sign at the service.
The service will be streamed live. You can watch here, beginning at 5:50 p.m.
Purdue Candelight Memorial
WHERE: Outside of Hovde Hall, 610 Purdue Mall, West Lafayette, IN 47907
WHEN: Wednesday, Jan. 9 at 6 p.m.
Public parking is available in the Northwestern Garage, a short walk from the memorial site. Entrances are along Northwestern Avenue and Grant Street.
You can watch a live stream of the service here.
Supporting Tyler's Legacy
The following are places you can donate in honor of Tyler:
You can also pre-order Tyler's book "The Upset" here.
Previous Tyler Trent Stories
- Tyler Trent's Legacy
- Honoring Tyler Trent: Everything you need to know about Tuesday and Wednesday's services
- Schedule for Tyler Trent's Purdue memorial service released
- A spot held for Tyler Trent
- Greater Lafayette's love for Tyler Trent
- National Bobblehead Hall of Fame creates Tyler Trent bobblehead
- Purdue creates Tyler Trent scholarship for students encountering adversity
- Tyler Trent passes away following battle with bone cancer
- LFD inspector, Tyler Trent's uncle delivers family eulogy
- Purdue University hosts candlelight vigil for Tyler Trent