LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - A woman experiencing homelessness has been charged for allegedly beating a child at the Citybus Depot. The boy, who was younger than 14, said he didn't know the woman.
It happened about 7 p.m. Monday at the depot on 4th Street in Lafayette.
The boy said she came up to him, started yelling, and punched him in the head. The boy ran inside the bus station, where an employee called police.
Officers later found Gabrielle Ziegler, who matched the suspect description, on a bench outside the depot. She reportedly admitted to hitting the boy three times. She faces one count of battery.
- Homeless woman accused of beating child at bus depot
- Veedersburg planning new future for former depot
- Feds selling former military depot in northeastern Indiana
- Linden Depot Museum builds full replica steam engine
- Lafayette man accused of possessing child pornography
- Teacher accused of child exploitation officially fired
- West Lafayette man accused of child molestation
- Man arrested after child molestation accusations
- Family celebrates birthday of child killed in bus crash
- Woman accused of abandoning adopted child in Lafayette wants to leave state