LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The suspect of a fatal August hit-and-run has had the charges amended after the death of a second victim. Yariel Butler's charge of leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death now includes the death of Kimberly McDole, who died at an Indianapolis hospital early Monday morning. McDole has been in critical condition at Methodist hospital since she was struck in a hit-and-run crash on Aug. 1.
Prosecutors have also requested that the Court increase her bond to an additional $35,000 surety and $3500 cash bond.
Yariel Butler, 19, is charged for leaving the scene of a crash that left McDole on life support, 50-year-old William "Eric" Peacock dead and a tow truck driver injured.
- Hit-and-run suspect's charge amended after second victim dies
- Second victim in Aug. 1 hit-and-run dies
- Suspected driver in fatal hit-and-run charged
- Benefit planned for hit-and-run crash victim
- Remembering victims of a fatal hit-and-run crash
- Suspect identified, facing charges in Jasper County fatal hit-and-run
- Hoosier Heartland crash victim dies
- Fatal hit-and-run suspect released from jail
- Suspect and vehicle involved in fatal hit-and-run found
- Fatal hit-and-run suspect bonds out of jail again