WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — This Sunday is your opportunity to travel back in time for a historic baseball game. The event is being hosted by the Farm at Prophetstown in West Lafayette and is your chance to see how the game of baseball has changed over time.
The Rising Sun Belle River Baseball Club will play against a few leaders across Greater Lafayette, this includes the West Lafayette and Lafayette mayors.
"It's really cool to see what they do and see the differences between then and now and again back then it was a gentleman's game and the way everybody dressed and the women come out in their dresses and umbrellas and the guys come out in their suits and ties which was all wool back then," said umpire Tim Clark.
The game is from noon to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday at The Farm at Prophetstown. The game is free with park admission.
- Historic baseball game comes to The Farm at Prophetstown
- The Farm of Prophetstown hosts vintage baseball game for community
- The Farm at Prophetstown hosts old fashioned 'base ball' game
- Prophetstown horse passes away
- The Farm at Prophetstown introduces new seed library
- DNR could move power lines to Farm at Prophetstown
- Farm at Prophetstown officials speak out on park expansion
- Executive Director of the Farm at Prophetstown Retires
- The Farm at Prophetstown to host 1920's Country Fair
- Prophetstown State Park deals with invasive plant