WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — An injured worker was removed from a Purdue construction site.
According to Director of Public Information and Issues Management Tim Doty, around 1:40 p.m. officials received a call of an injured worker at the Agricultural and Biological Engineering building construction site. Crews were moving loads of plywood when an unnamed female worker on the fifth floor was struck in the lower body.
The worker was transported to IU Arnett Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Purdue University Police, Purdue University Fire, and Lafayette FD’s Tech Rescue Team were involved in the response.
- High-rise rescue at Purdue construction site
- Purdue police seeking information on thefts at construction site
- Four students admit to crimes at Purdue construction site
- High school student breaks into WL construction site, climbs crane
- Summer construction at Purdue University
- Beams blown over at Purdue building site
- Two workers involved in accident at Chauncey construction site.
- Purdue Trustees OK residence hall construction agreement
- Summer construction to begin at Purdue
- WLFD prepares for upcoming high-rises