WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Another year, another graduate transfer is joining the Purdue men's basketball team.
High Point's Jahaad Proctor committed to Matt Painter and the Boilermakers on Friday.
Proctor announced his decision on Twitter. The 6-3, 215-pound guard, a native of Harrisburg, Pennsylvaniva, is immediately eligible to play.
Purdue was Proctor's only visit which take place this past Tuesday and Wednesday.
According to Gold and Black Illustrated, Proctor canceled a set visit to Arkansas and plans to perhaps visit some of his other suitors, among them Kansas, Kansas State, Florida and Virginia.
The Boilermakers will look to Proctor to help replace the scoring production with All-American Carsen Edwards and Ryan Cline departing.
This past season, Proctor averaged 19.5 points and 3.3 assists a game for Tubby Smith and the Panthers.
Proctor follows in the footsteps of Evan Boudreaux, Spike Albrecht, Johnny Hill and Jon Octeus as recent graduate transfers to finish their playing careers in West Lafayette.
- High Point grad transfer Jahaad Proctor commits to Purdue
- Purdue officially adds High Point grad transfer Jahaad Proctor
- Gold and Black LIVE October 4 with guests Matt Painter and Jahaad Proctor
- Purdue grad wins World Food Prize
- Sharon Versyp picks up commitment from Texas Tech transfer
- Purdue's new provost tackles credit transfer issue
- Purdue forward Jacquil Taylor to transfer
- West Lafayette's George Karlaftis commits to Purdue
- Harrison's Nic Hofman commits to Purdue
- Purdue commit George Karlaftis sets signing date