WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) -- West Lafayette community members took a walk through history at the Hidden Gems home tour this afternoon.
Many neighborhoods in West Lafayette hold rich history, and this tour is designed to showcase it. The Hidden Gem Home Tour committee focuses on homes with historic features.
Many people living in these homes are there during the house tour. They often know the homes history and are willing to open their doors to the community.
Neighborhood Vitality, Bryce Patz says the success of the event wouldn't be possible without those volunteering their homes.
“We cast a wide net, we know it's kind of intimidating to open up your home to the public but you know, we have great volunteers here that make sure everything runs smoothly.”
Patz said the tour brings in home buyers and people curious about the neighborhoods they often pass everyday.
“We have 19 neighborhoods in the city of West Lafayette and a lot of people don't realize that so what we want to do is kinda slowly work through our neighborhoods. Showcase them and see if that's a neighborhood that works for them,” said Patz.
This is the second year for this event. Patz said over 300 people came out last year. He's looking forward to this event growing and attracting more people in the future.
- Hidden Gems Home Tour showcases the history of neighborhoods in West Lafayette
- Touring hidden gems around West Lafayette
- Greater Lafayette's hidden musical gem
- West Lafayette native makes history
- Habitat home adding value to Lafayette neighborhood
- History lecture series coming to West Lafayette
- Hidden history within the Tippecanoe County Courthouse
- Lafayette history gets "Eerie"
- Vandalism spree impacts Lafayette neighborhood
- West Lafayette Intermediate school hosts tour for students