INDIANAPOLIS (WLFI) — The annual Indiana Sports Awards took place Sunday night in Indianapolis, where a couple local athletes were honored.
Harrison senior soccer player, Jakub Hall was named Indiana's boys soccer player of the year at the ceremony.
Hall scored 41 goals in 2017 (tied for most in state) and led Harrison to its first ever soccer state title. He will play college soccer at Evansville.
West Lafayette's Auggie Schott was named Scholar Athlete of the Year.
Schott is a captain on West Side's football, basketball, and baseball teams. He also has a 4.0 GPA.
- Harrison's Jakub Hall, WL's Auggie Schott receive statewide honors
- New WL city hall plans progressing
- Gold and Black LIVE November 29 with guest Tom Schott
- WL student receives Indiana Homeland Security scholarship
- New WL intermediate school receives name
- Lafayette Fire Department inspector receives statewide award
- Town hall meeting looks at future WL rec center
- Harrison High School honors walkout day differently
- Harrison uses big second-half to beat WL 64-45 on Senior Night
- WL recreation center planning continues