FORT POLK, La. (KALB/WLFI) — A Harrison High School graduate is in jail after pleading guilty to murder.
Logan Kyle, 22, admitted to killing his wife Shelena Kyle, 22, also a Harrison grad, and their unborn son in Oct. 2018. Both were members of the 3rd Brigade Combat team at Fort Polk military base in Louisiana.
According to court documents obtained by CBS affiliate KALB, Logan strangled Shelena in the bathtub at their home. The documents show he wrapped her body in a sheet and put her in the trunk of their car. Logan then drove to the house of his girlfriend Sarah Paker's father where she lived with her two young kids, according to prosecutors.
Documents said the couple moved Shelena's body to Parker's car and the next day tried to get rid of it.
As News 18 previously reported, the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's office was tipped off, pulled them over, arrested them and found Shelena's body in the car.
The coroner said she died from drowning following a suffocation.
Sarah Parker is in the Calcasieu Sheriff's Prison. She faces counts of failure to report a homicide and obstruction of justice.
Logan Kyle is confined for life for murder with the possibility of parole. He was dishonorably discharged from the Army.
- Harrison graduate, Ft. Polk soldier pleads guilty to killing wife in October 2018
- US soldier charged in wife's killing flees to Thailand
- Guatemalan pleads guilty in crash that killed Colts player
- Teen pleads guilty in crash that killed Clinton County sisters
- Clinton County woman pleads guilty to killing 96-year-old aunt
- Guy sinks FTs on disputed foul, Virginia shocks Auburn 63-62
- Highlights: Harrison vs. Brownsburg (Softball)
- Harrison teacher earns state recognition
- Rensselaer man pleads guilty in kidnapping case
- Indianapolis councilman resigns, pleads guilty to charges