WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Harrison's comeback bid came up short.
And its season came to an end.
The Raiders lost to Bishop Dwenger 35-21 in a regional championship contest Friday night at A.J. Rickard Field.
It's a respectable outcome considering, they trailed 28-0 at halftime.
Terry Peebles' team looked finished, overmatched.
But it just looked that way.
Harrison's defense held Dwenger scoreless in the third quarter. The Raiders' offense got into a rhythm in the fourth quarter.
Omarion Dixon found the endzone and Jake Smith hauled in a touchdown pass.
It was 28-14 with 4:21 remaining.
But on the Saints ensuing possession, Lucas Krohn put an end to the rally with a 34-yard touchdown run to ensure his team advanced.
Dwenger will face Valparaiso in semi-state next Friday. Harrison concludes the season 9-3.
- Harrison falls to Bishop Dwenger in regional final
- Harrison falls to Noblesville 6-3 in regional championship
- McCutcheon girls soccer falls to Noblesville in regional final
- Harrison embracing underdog role ahead of regional championship
- Harrison tops McCutcheon 7-1, advances to sectional final
- Harrison blanks Lafayette Jeff 4-0, advances to sectional final
- Fisher's game-winner caps BC rally past Bishop Chatard in regional semifinal
- Highlights: Harrison vs. Brownsburg (Softball)
- Harrison teacher earns state recognition
- Purdue baseball falls to Houston in NCAA Regional first round