WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — After a little more than two weeks of construction Happy Hollow's main entrance is back open.
It's just phase one of the West Lafayette project.
The new entrance will be easier for park goers to enjoy.
As we previously reported, the city is trying to connect more than 40 miles of trail systems.
The Salisbury trails will combine with the Happy Hollow trail network.
West Lafayette Mayor John Dennis said that will be finished by the end of July.
He added there will be less congestion in the park.
"More importantly just to make sure that the traffic flowing up and down Happy Hollow interacts safely with the pedestrian and bicycle traffic that we have going up the same route," said Dennis.
The project will also include an art area and an area overlooking the creek.
- Happy Hollow entrance back open
- Reconstruction to begin on Happy Hollow Park entrance
- Concerns arise about Happy Hollow Park sculptures
- Happy Hollow Light Project nears completion
- Happy Hollow Park revamps playground equipment
- Happy Hollow Park construction is underway
- Happy Hollow Park Welcomes New Landmark
- Fight over West Lafayette's former Happy Hollow Elementary school continues
- West Lafayette Community School Corporation holding open meeting over future of Happy Hollow
- Happy Hollow students and staff prepare for big move to new school