LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — The Hanna Community Center hosted its 37th annual Ebony and Ivory Ball on Saturday.
Dozens of Greater Lafayette leaders gathered to help fundraise for the center's services. Hanna Community Center works to provide after-school programs, senior services, and a wellness center at a low cost. This has benefited hundreds of families in Tippecanoe County.
Every dollar from the charity ball tickets will go directly to the center's programs. Event Coordinator Jaqueline Varela said this is the center's biggest fundraiser.
“We cater to the working families, the low-income families that can barely afford childcare so we keep our prices low for them so in order for us to do that we have to also maintain our community center and through these funds, we can actually do that,” said Varela.
In addition to fundraising through ticket sales, guests also participated in a silent auction. The Hanna Community Center is located at the Northend Community Center at 2000 Elmwood Ave, Lafayette, IN 47904.
- Hanna Community Center hosts 37th annual Ebony and Ivory Ball
- Hanna Center hosts annual Thanksgiving meal
- Hanna Center presents 6th annual backpack giveaway
- Almost Home's Annual Fur Ball
- Labor Day kicks off with Hanna Fest
- Community center hosts New Year's Eve Spectacular
- 37th Greater Lafayette Holocaust Remembrance Conference starts this weekend
- Ivy Tech Community College to host annual career fair
- Bethlehem Holy Healing Temple hosts 9th annual Community Easter Giveaway
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge