LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Holiday festivities kicked off a little early in Lafayette Sunday.
The Hanna Community Center hosted its annual Community Thanksgiving meal.
As always, it was free and open to the public. From turkey to stuffing, there was plenty of holiday food for all.
Hanna Center Executive Director Heather Maddox said the event has become a tradition for some, but it also serves as a relief for those who are less fortunate.
"Some of us complain cause, 'Oh my gosh! How am I going to go to all of these places?' But we take for granted that some people don't have anywhere to go or they don't even have the means to do the meal," said Maddox.
Meals were also delivered to seniors on the north end of town who were not able to attend. The event is made possible through donations and the help of lots of volunteers.
- Hanna Center hosts annual Thanksgiving meal
- Hanna Community Center hosts 37th annual Ebony and Ivory Ball
- Hanna Center presents 6th annual backpack giveaway
- Labor Day kicks off with Hanna Fest
- Lafayette Urban Ministries hosts 32nd annual Thanksgiving dinner
- LUM expecting to serve 900 meals for Thanksgiving
- Purdue hosts annual 5k Challenge
- Lakes Area hosts annual Home & Garden show
- Purdue Polynesian Cultural Club hosts annual Luau
- Tree Lafayette hosts annual Arbor Day Celebration