LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI)—One of Lafayette's oldest properties is opening it's doors once again for the Christmas season.
The Haan Museum is hosting Christmas themed tours through the month of December. The Museum has done this for years.
Families can expect to tour the entire home, learn about historical artifacts, and take pictures with some of the props.
The house was deicated for retooling by the Haan family back in 2015.
Previous owner, Ellie Haan said it's important for people to experience history in a way that makes them feel connected.
"It builds a pride in Indiana art and culture," said Haan. "Because if you see the wonderful paintings that came from here, the pottery, the American furniture, we have books by Indiana authors and sheet music by Indiana composers. So the setting, being so home like and just being able to walk up close to these and feel like it would have been back at that point and time."
For more information click here.
- Haan Museum holds Christmas themed tour
- Haan Museum Begins Christmas Tour
- Haan Museum hosts second annual Celebrate Indiana Festival
- Reformed Presbyterian Church holds its Christmas Market
- Energy-themed mural unveiled on Ninth Street
- Fair Oaks Farms opens barn-themed hotel
- Disney's US theme parks are going vegan
- Indiana train museum vandalized
- This weekend kicks off the Linden Depot Museum Christmas Open House
- Exploration Acres unveils "Stranger Things" corn maze theme