BUNKER HILL, Ind. (AP) — Grissom Air Reserve Base in northern Indiana has started a major deployment of reservists and specialists to locations around the world.
Douglas Hays, the 434th Air Refueling Wing's public affairs operations chief, tells the Kokomo Tribune that the base is deploying more people than he has seen in a "long, long time." He didn't specify the number of reservists or specific units on deployment, citing security issues.
Hays says the deployment started earlier this month and will likely continue until the spring to areas of the world including southwest Asia, the Pacific and Europe. Crews being deployed include refueling units, aircrews and aircraft maintenance, as well as support personnel and specialists.
- Grissom base starts deployment of reservists, specialists
- Are Lafayette pain specialists inundated with patients?
- Purdue based start-up looks to help farmers
- LPD Specialist on leave as police review SWAT suspect shooting
- LPD Specialist O'Shields reinstated after review of SWAT situation
- Indiana National Guard unit set for deployment to Kuwait
- US sending 5,200 troops to border, double Syria deployment
- New nature based playground opens in Lafayette
- Fire Captain shares experience in rescue efforts during Hurricane Florence ahead of possible second deployment
- The Farm at Prophetstown hosts old fashioned 'base ball' game