WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) - Students thinking about grad school can learn more at the 15th annual Big Ten+ Graduate School Exposition.
It is for those interested in Engineering, Mathematics, Science, Technology, Pharmaceutical Sciences and related areas of study.
This event is one-stop shopping for students to learn more about graduate school options.
“They can't travel the world, they can't travel the country, but they can come to this one place,” said Lee Gordon, Director of Graduate Admissions at Purdue. “We have schools all over the country from Florida, Texas, California and in between.”
He says this event will bring more than 300 students from across the country in search of a graduate program.
Even though they may not come to Purdue, they may go somewhere else, the fact is is that these kids are getting educated and fulfilling some of their lifelong dreams,” he said.
Gordon said they are providing travel reimbursements to students who are coming from out of the area. He said the event may not bring in a whole lot of revenue, but at the end of the day, it’s
all about making sure students find a graduate program that is the right fit for them.
People can take advantage of educational workshops, a graduate school fair, and networking receptions. The expo will continue through Monday, October 1st.
Registration is in the Purdue Memorial Union, room 118 and most of the activities are in the Stewart Center.
The graduate school fair is on Monday at 9:30 a.m. at the PMU, North and South Ballrooms & Lounge Areas.
- Graduate Fair at Purdue is a one-stop shop for students looking for more education
- Purdue Armory Craft Fair
- Adult education program helps students succeed to graduation
- Daniels proposes U.S. facts exam for Purdue students to graduate
- Purdue student, Miss Benton County wins Indiana State Fair Queen
- Local man balances retirement, graduation from Purdue
- Purdue Graduate Launches to Space Wednesday
- New graduation requirements approved by State Board of Education
- IU Health Arnett celebrates Graduate Medical Education Day
- Purdue hosting Building and Grounds Career Fair