GREATER LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLF) - Goodrich Quality Theaters has released it's plan for reopening it theaters in the midwest, along with reopening dates. As we previously reported, GQT filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy in February and has been bought by Mason Asset Management and Namdar Realty Group. All three movie theaters in Greater Lafayette are GQT theaters.
The reopening dates for Wabash Landing 9 in West Lafayette and Lafayette 7 are listed as "TBD." Eastside 10 in Lafayette is targeted to reopen on August 7th. GQT emphasized that all reopening dates are subject to change.
A press release sent to News 18 by the theater company said they are reopening under the recommendations of the National Association of Theater Owners. It also said this plan was formulated after weeks of studying best practices for retail establishments.
They call it the "3 S's Plan" because it's based on the principles of safe distancing, sanitizing and safely following guidelines. The plan is outlined below:
FOR OUR FACILITY
- We will have signs in front of our facilities helping guests know our requirements
- We will have capacity restrictions for each auditorium designed for safe distancing
- We will enforce a minimum of three seats spacing between groups for safe distancing
- We will place social distancing decals on the floor at the concession and box office lines
- We will have shields at customer interface areas such as concessions and ticket booth
- We will provide sanitizing stations for your convenience in our lobbies and restrooms
- We will use an electrostatic sanitizing machine to sanitize broad areas such as seats
- We will allow extra time between movies in order to properly sanitize the auditoriums
FOR OUR EMPLOYEES (cast members)
- We will wear masks or face shields
- We will conduct a wellness check including a questionnaire and the taking of temperatures
- We will require frequent hand washing and sanitizing between touch points
- We will have specific protocols on serving concessions for the protection of our guests
FOR OUR GUESTS
- We ask that guests that are sick not enter and return another time when feeling well
- We ask that our guests follow our 3Ss plan: Social distance, Sanitize and wash hands, Safely follow recommendations
- Masks will be required in common areas such as lobby, hallways, and concession areas
- Guests will social distance themselves from another group by leaving three seats between
- Guests will need to come to the concession counter for refills and retrieve a new drink cup or tub for popcorn to avoid re-use of those items