WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Construction of the West Lafayette Intermediate School is ahead of schedule.
That means instead of changing buildings between semesters, students will make the move in the middle of this fall.
The school corporation is planning a ribbon cutting ceremony October 10th, with the first day in the building set for October 16th.
The Superintendent said this school will help students thrive.
“I think it's going to be a great place,” said Rocky Killion. “I always say that the best environment is where teachers can teach and students can learn and it’s going to be a facility that is going to be low maintenance and more focus on instruction than maintaining the building.”
The intermediate school has been an ongoing project for the last five years.
The new school will feature separate wings for each grade.
- School board announces opening dates for West Lafayette Intermediate School
- West Lafayette Intermediate School celebrates opening of new building
- West Lafayette Fresh Thyme announces opening date
- West Lafayette Intermediate school hosts tour for students
- West Lafayette Intermediate School's first full academic year
- Intermediate school construction on track
- New WL intermediate school receives name
- City works to make streets around new West Lafayette Intermediate School safer
- Battle Ground Intermediate School hosts annual wax museum
- Sunnyside Intermediate School completes its $9 million wing