TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — News 18 is partnering with the League of Women Voters to broadcast the Tippecanoe County Sheriff's Debate live this Wednesday.
"You need to inform yourself and you need to vote," said League of Women Voters of Greater Lafayette member Ken Jones. "It's not a popularity name picking contest it should be an informed process and that's where the debate fits in
Republican candidate Jason Dombkowski and Democratic opponent Bob Goldsmith will be asked questions from LWV, the Wabash Area Lifetime Learning Association, students from both Jefferson and Harrison High Schools and WLFI. This is an effort to encourage voter engagement by high school students.
"We're bringing the electoral process to the students and the venue is perfect anyway," said Jones. "This is a county wide office. We're in one of the major county high schools so it makes perfect sense to go there
The debate is open to the public and begins at 7 p.m. in the Harrison High School auditorium. Doors close at 6:50 p.m.
It will last one hour and start promptly at 7 p.m. You can watch on-air or livestream on WLFI.com.
- Goldsmith, Dombkowski to debate live Wednesday
- Bob Goldsmith political sign vandalized
- Bob Goldsmith enters Tippecanoe County sheriff's race
- Did Dombkowski's cell usage violate election law?
- Jason Dombkowski announces retirement from WLPD
- Goldsmith pulls off win in tight Tippecanoe County Sheriff's race
- Republican Jason Dombkowski files candidacy for Tippecanoe County Sheriff
- Tippecanoe Co. Election Board to review Dombkowski's cell use
- Dombkowski wins Republican nomination for sheriff in Tippecanoe Co.
- Democrat expected to challenge Jason Dombkowski for sheriff