WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — It's that time of year again for Global Festival in West Lafayette. The event started on Saturday at 2 p.m.
This year marks the 24th annual Global Festival and the 44th annual International Food Bazaar, hosted by West Lafayette's International Center.
The festival offers dozens of booths with people representing ethnic groups from all over the world. It was created to give the community an opportunity to explore different cultures right in the city.
Event leader, Sooyeon Shin said Greater Lafayette brings lots of diverse backgrounds.
“You'd think Indiana is like totally white but this is a very multicultural town, which we love and we just wanted to celebrate and celebrate it with the community here,” said Shin.
Shin said this event isn't only a special opportunity for people from the U.S. but also the international community.
“I just hope that everybody knows that West Lafayette is full of culture, it's full of colors and they just remember how we love each other and we consider West Lafayette home but with so many different backgrounds we are just together as one community,” said Shin.
The festival is located in the area of Columbia Street and South Street near the Chauncey Village area. It ends at 10 p.m.
- Global Festival 2019 brings dozens cultures right to West Lafayette
- Lafayette celebrates Indian culture
- Lafayette boy's fascination goes global
- Visit Lafayette-West Lafayette invites you to 2019 Tourism Tailgate
- Latino Festival brings cultures from all over the world together for celebration
- Lafayette plays part in Global Climate Strike
- West Lafayette police bringing more diversity to the department
- West Lafayette native makes the 2019 Colts Cheer Team
- Dozens are sleeping outside overnight to bring awareness to homelessness in Greater Lafayette
- Lafayette Jeff, West Lafayette schedule football series