INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WLFI)—If you're feeling cooped up this winter, why not get all dressed up for a night out? Tickets are now available for the Purdue Alumni Association's 13th annual Boilermaker Ball.
The black tie event features dinner, dancing and live entertainment and music from Endless Summer Band. Of course Purdue Pete will be at the ball to soak up all the fun, and take pictures with attendees.
The Purdue Alumni Association puts on the event every year to bring the Purdue family together, no matter your association. You don't have to be an alumni to attend the ball; it's open to everyone.
This year's theme is 'steam punk.' The Alumni Association encourages attendees to add themed elements to their black tie attire, including corsets, lace and gadgets.
Boilermaker Ball officials say many attendees come to the event every year because of the themes.
"We're especially excited about this year's theme because Purdue has that history of kind of steam punk in our history. We have steam engines, we have engineering, we have all of these gears," said Jillian Henry, Vice President of Organization Development and Strategic Leadership at the Purdue Alumni Association.
The Boilermaker Ball will take place in downtown Indianapolis at the Marriott on Saturday, Feb. 29. Make sure to reserve your room in the Boilermaker Ball hotel block.
Baylee Neff, Director of Business Partnerships at the Purdue Alumni Association said the Boilermaker Ball is a night like none other.
Neff explained being a recent graduate herself, it's a fun night to dress up and meet other people in the Purdue family.
"To be with other Boilermakers, Purdue fans and the Indianapolis community," she explained. "So it's just a wonderful night to get dressed up and have a good time with family and friends."
Ticket prices are as follows:
$175 per Purdue Alumni member
$225 per nonmember
Recent Grads (within five years)
$140 per Purdue Alumni member
$175 per nonmember
To purchase tickets, click here.
- Get fancy for the Purdue Alumni Association's 13th annual Boilermaker Ball
- Almost Home's Annual Fur Ball
- Purdue holds 8th annual Boilermaker half-marathon & 5K
- 13th annual Germanfest cancelled due to weather
- Purdue basketball legends return to Mackey Arena for annual alumni game
- Boiler Brass alumni are back
- Purdue basketball alumni game set for Aug. 4
- Upcoming film will focus on Purdue alumni Neil Armstrong
- Purdue Alumni give grandchildren the college experience at Grandparents University
- Purdue Brain Gain Initiative Helping Bring Purdue Alumni Back to Indiana