WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — One year ago West Lafayette standout George Karlaftis verbally commited to play football for Purdue after a win over Benton Central. On Wednesday, the high school All-American made the commitment official.
"I'd like to thank my grandpa and grandma for convincing me to go to Purdue over many other schools. I think I made the right decision and Boiler Up!" said Karlaftis.
Karlaftis was joined by family, friends, teammates and coaches at Bruno's Pizza in West Lafayette. The defensive end put pen to paper, joining a top-25 recruiting class at Purdue.
The Boilermaker signee is the highest rated recruit in head coach Jeff Brohm's class and is the top-ranked recruit in the state.
Karlaftis said while his family always wanted him to attend Purdue, Brohm was the one who sealed the deal.
"I went over there for a visit," said Karlaftis. "It was my first time going over there to visit with my grandpa and my grandpa said, 'this guy is the real deal.' He (Brohm) says what he thinks. He's straightforward and honest and that's kind of what sold me on the whole coaching staff really. They'll tell you how it is, no joking around, no mind games, none of that. They play traditional football and exciting football and that's awesome."
- George Karlaftis makes it official with Purdue
- West Lafayette's George Karlaftis commits to Purdue
- Purdue commit George Karlaftis sets signing date
- George Karlaftis to make college decision Friday
- Purdue officially launches Purdue University Global
- Purdue to make announcement regarding Purdue NewU
- IPFW officially becomes Purdue University Fort Wayne
- Purdue professor makes debut on Jeopardy!
- Purdue and West Lafayette Fire Departments officially team up
- Purdue officials consider policy limiting campus Wi-Fi