WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. (WLFI) — Just before Thanksgiving, good news for drivers is that gas prices have been on a two-week skid.
GasBuddy reports that prices are down 33 cents from last year and they are down more than 20 cents from last month.
In West Lafayette you can find gas for as cheap as $2.12.
With people gearing up for the holiday season, now may be a good time to gas up.
"I live on campus," said a local driver Muhammad Arafat. "It is very close. I was about to go to Walmart, so I saw this low gas price and am filling my car."
"It is low honestly," said Purdue student Cole Willoughby, "Two dollars and 12 cents in Indy, in Indiana, like honestly probably last year to be honest was when it was that low."
GasBuddy says gas prices around the state of Indiana average $2.44 per gallon.
- Gas prices are cheaper than usual
- Gas prices are on the rise
- Memorial Day gas prices remain stubbornly high
- New technology bringing cheaper solution to monitoring health
- Lilly to sell cheaper version of top-selling insulin Humalog
- Gas prices on the rise for coming summer months
- Drivers prepare for Thanksgiving traffic, high gas prices
- Average US gas price drops 3 cents to $2.51 for regular
- Tax hike fuels jump in Indiana gas prices since last year
- Average US price of gas drops 8 cents per gallon to $2.85