MONTICELLO, Ind. (WLFI) — Fun Spot America responded today to rumors that the company was considering buying the now closed Indiana Beach.
According to a statement posted on the company's Facebook page, Indiana Beach's purchase is not within the company's plans.
"During the past few days, for some, waiting for an answer may have seemed like an eternity. We saw a park with rich history and heritage, that has created memories for generations," the post said. "Unfortunately purchasing Indiana Beach or any park is not in our current master plans. We are going to pray for the proper owners and operators to become visible so that Indiana Beach may continue to serve their guests and community for many more generations.
Indiana Beach has been a vacation spot for almost 100 years. Fans were surprised when the owners, Apex Parks, closed the beach suddenly last week.
- Fun Spot America responds to rumors of Indiana Beach purchase
- White County leaders respond to Indiana Beach Rally
- IDHS and Indiana Beach release statements about Indiana Beach ride
- A Facebook rumor about white vans is spreading fear across America
- Indiana Beach closes after nearly a century
- Indiana Beach releases statement on closing
- People gather at Indiana Beach to rally
- Some beach cities are trying to make this the least fun spring break for college kids
- Rossville Farm Offering Fall Fun
- Indiana attorney general gets spot with big campaign backer